Georgina Whitehead, is an individual that is highly self motivated, shows endearing perseverance, courageousness and engages in her own self – improvement which has led her to achieve her own successes.
Her extensive experiences and reflections are offered to appreciative learners and professionals whom respect her knowledge including music performances in extremely psychologically demanding environments.
Are you an individual or company seeking to improve or challenge yourselve personally and/or professionally? Look no further drop Georgina an email via the contact page.
List of some of Georgina’s achievements:
- June 2013 Performance for AFRUCA (Africans Unite Against Child Abuse) Charity fundraising and variety evening as part of AFRUCA’s 7 days against human trafficking campaign at Amnesty International, London.
- April 2012 Georgina founded Inner Child Concerts for Survivors of Abuse and Trauma which has generated national interest from many organisations including The Survivors Trust (TST), National Association of People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC).
- October 2011 Georgina performed for Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall for the War Horse: Fact and Fiction exhibition held at the National Army Museum London, England. The Duchess, President of the Brooke charity toured the new exhibition as well as attending a reception. Click here to see pictures of the event.
- November 2008 Georgina was awarded Third Prize at The Ivor Mairants International Guitar Competition held in London.
- April 2009 Whilst at music college Georgina deputized for the world-renowned guitarist John Williams at the Petersham Festival, London.
“We regret the inconvenience caused by the postponement of John Williams’ concert, due to illness. We are glad that so many of you were able to enjoy the replacement concert that night by Georgina and are very grateful to her for standing in so ably at such short notice.” Petersham Festival, 2009.
- September 2004 Whilst studying at music college Georgina performed, recorded and filmed with Emily Blunt, Bill Nighy, Miranda Richardson, Robert Lindsay and Ronnie Ancona for the BBC film ‘ written and directed by Stephen Poliakoff, which was broadcasted in February 2006.
Georgina worked with the composer Adrian Johnston and actress Emily Blunt for the film’s main theme-tune: ‘Natasha’s Song’ which was nominated in the Music and Lyrics category at the 58th Annual Creative Arts Emmy Awards, Los Angeles in August 2006.
Georgina’s music training included scholarships from Trinity College of Music, London where she graduated with MMus, BMus (Hons), LTCL, Silver Medal for Strings and Montagu Cleeve Guitar Prize.